Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weeks

I would have been 39 weeks pregnant today if Hope was still inside me. Hope would have been three weeks old if she was still with us. Instead, it has been one week since she passed away. It's been a long week and I really need to stop counting like this in my head.

I'm pretty tired emotionally but not too tired to continue to praise God. He sustains me and I am so grateful. It was wonderful to be at church again this morning and to worship with the body of Christ.

Thank you to all came to Hope's service. And to all of you who wanted to come but couldn't, thanks for the support. Again, God had His way and the service was perfect. Everything said by our dear pastor friend, John Crawford, seemed like it flowed straight from our hearts. Sweet Sara Osborne shared a beautiful promise found in Lamentations 3:21-24- This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, says my soul, therefore I have hope in Him. Our kind friend Derek Dighton put hours into making a priceless video of our time with baby Hope. We have definitely used up all our favors for a long time! :) Our music pastor Bill Shiflett helped Josh and I record a song that we used during the video. The words were exactly what we felt in our hearts. Here are the lyrics: Joy Will Come by John Egan and Mia Fieldes

Joy will come in the morning
Riding on the wings of the dawn
I know
Joy will come after mourning
As surely as You are God

Joy will come believe
Joy will come joy will come

Joy will come like the harvest
Reaping for tears that we sow
I know
Joy will run to the farthest place
Surely as You are God
Joy will come believe
Joy will come joy will come

What is this hope I feel
It's helping
What is this peace beyond
Understanding
You fix the broken heart
There's healing in Your wings

What is this whisper small
I'm hearing
So far above it all
It's speaking
You're still the sovereign Lord
There's healing in Your wings
I am looking forward to things getting back to normal... whatever normal is! I know healing will take time but it helps knowing that God is still using her life to grow people's faith. I love hearing the stories about how God has used Hope's story to help people share with coworkers, neighbors or even unbelieving family members. The glory continues to go to God. :) Right now, one of the hardest parts for me is how quickly things will make me cry. I am so used to being steady, stable and emotionally consistent that it throws me for a loop when something like a onesie in the laundry, a song, silence, pictures or a memory will make me cry.
Josh is doing good. He is so strong and still tenderhearted. We have both sensed a stronger love for each other after going through this. Just another good thing that has come from this hard time! Taylor and Macy are incredible. They have just excepted the fact that Hope isn't here anymore. It's very simple to them. Baby Hope was here and now she's not. They understand she is a part of our family and we love her very much but that she wasn't able to stay with us. Macy talks about Hope on a daily basis still and I love that.


Hope Isabella Reasons from Derek on Vimeo.

6 comments:

  1. Jamie, I continue to pray for you and your sweet family each time God lays you on my mind...and that seems to be often. Your testimony is Hope's legacy. What an awesome God we serve.

    Much love and care,
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me, but I heard your story through a friend from college and have been following your blog. Your faith is such an inspriation. I just watched Hope's video with tears streaming down my face. I will definitely be holding my kids (ages 3.5 and 7 months) a little bit tighter tonight. I know that they are God's children and I don't know what the future holds, so I will cherish each moment I have with them.

    Thank you for sharing your story and your faith.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie- I do not know you, but I saw on Lydia's Facebook to say prayers for her family and for Hope. I have been only recenly following your blog and your story has touched me to the very core. Your faith in the Lord is such an inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I will continue to say a prayer for you and your family.
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie and Josh, we wanted to let you know that we have been praying for you. My name is Brooke Baird, me and my husband Jerod worked at Horn Creek with the Reasons family. Josh may remember Jerod. Ihave followed your story through Lydia, and then began to read your blog. I know your hearts are broken.
    And yet, fighting for joy.
    Joy that the Lord most graciously gives.
    "I will be filled with joy because of You. I will sing praises to Your name, O Most High."
    Psalm 9:2
    We will continue praying for your family. Blessings on you as you share your story of Hope.

    By grace alone,
    Jerod and Brooke Baird

    ReplyDelete
  5. I woke up today with thoughts on my mind of your family and the full life of baby Hope. Some would say that Hope's life was cut short, but God reminded me today that Hope's life was not cut short but was full and complete. She was sent for a purpose and her purpose was completed (as you have said). A picture came to my mind during some quiet time. It was a beautiful masterpiece of your family united together at the throne of Jesus. I share this with you so that you can hopefully close your eyes and see the same picture. It brought a smile to my face as I hope it does to yours. With all the sadness in the world today I grow more and more grateful of the relationship that we as Christians are so blessed to have with a loving and compassionate heavenly father that cries when we cry and also finds such joy in his children as we do with our own children.

    I know that all I share with you, you have heard and or thought about but if God took the time to share it with me then I felt certainly I should do the same.

    Please know that Hope is a much bigger part of your future than she was your past.

    Much love, tears, hugs and joy in our future!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jamie,

    I heard that you had come by the hospital a couple weeks ago and was so sad that I had missed you! I just wanted you to know that I continue to think about and pray for your family and little Hope. I wanted so badly to come to her service but I had to work. I hope you all are doing ok and getting through all of this.

    And I absolutely love the pic with the feet! Precious!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete