Saturday, August 7, 2010

Everyday Miracles

Can you believe Baby Hope is one week old now?! Time has flown since last Sunday at 6:45 am...
Sunday 8/1/10-
My alarm clock went off at 6:30am and Josh pushed snooze for me cause I wasn't quite ready to get up and get ready for church. I layed there thinking about what I needed to do that day, then I turned over and looked at the clock... 6:45... I needed to get up. I felt a pop and a gush of fluid came! Yuck. I jumped up and told Josh it was time to go as I ran to the bathtub to let the floodgates come. Man, all that fluid, it was so crazy. I had measured my tummy before I went to bed and it was 48 inches around. I measured again right before we went to the hospital and it measured 42 inches!! Instantly lost 6 inches. You can imagine the relief I already felt! Here is a picture of me right before leaving for the hospital-
We arrived at the hospital and I got checked in. I had the most wonderful nurse to start it all off. Her name is Leah, we were so grateful for her! She checked and I was already dilated to a 4. Yay! It was all really happening! Up until this point most of the feelings I'd had were of excitement. Just so excited to get to this point and to meet Baby Hope AND to see what God had in store for her and us. The only other feelings were somewhat sad because my best friend was out of town and not there to experience this with me. BUT I knew that this was God's timing and I had to get over that selfish part of me that wanted her to be there.

After that I was able to walk around and get my labor going. A little while later the contractions started coming good and strong. Finally, I crawled into bed to curl up and get through the last and worst part of the labor. Just because I was curled up in bed, don't get the impression that I was quiet and calm. haha, no I was a noisy laborer to put it lightly! :)
Baby Hope was born at 12:24pm after two pushes. Hallelujah! She didn't cry. They wrapped her up and gave her to me. I looked at her and then she opened her eyes and looked at me! I will NEVER forget that moment.


Hope breathed on her own from the very first breath. Breath given to her by our creator God. We hit the three hour mark... Hope live on. We fed her a bottle and at first she had a hard time figuring out how to swallow and breath at the same time. We had one scary moment when she stopped breathing and turned purple but she recovered quickly and began breathing again! Since then, she has been eating great!

We had so many friends and family come and share the first two days with us at the hospital. So encouraging to have so much support and love! Thank you to everyone who came to love on us and Baby Hope. And to everyone who brought me beautiful flowers and yummy treats. :)

We were so excited to be able to take Hope home with us. She has been eating consistently and sleeping great. 7 days... what a gift! It is all uncharted waters now. Hope wasn't expected to live this long. But she has and without any help from machines. We are in awe and completely astounded at all of this. We are still trusting God with her and know He still has a plan. I love that even though this isn't what we expected, that this has been His plan from the very beginning. I believe that God has been glorified through Hope's life. I also can't help but think that with all the many people praying for Baby Hope, that this has increased so many peoples faith, including mine.
The title "Everyday Miracles" refers to something very vivid that I have learned this week. Yes, I believe the time we have had with Hope has been a miracle but... it has opened my eyes to recognize the everyday miracles we overlook or just take for granted. Every single new life is a miracle and every breath given to us is too. Hope is a daily reminder of God's miraculous works. Take time to look around you and see God's everyday miracles around you. Let Hope be a reminder of how great our awesome God is!

7 comments:

  1. Jamie, thank you and Josh for not only talking the talk, but walking the walk of faith! What a blessing to have Hope in your lives for however long God deems her to be there. I can't wait to see where this journey will take your sweet family. Praying for all of you still. God is awesome! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got back online since a week ago, and checked your site first. I am crying such tears of joy tonight for all of this news and this week that you all have spent together. I love the pictures. Hope is precious. My heart is so full for all of you. Thank you for the reminder of appreciating everyday miracles. My life is instantly more full tonight because I know that Hope Reasons is now in it. What a tremendous PRAISE! Love to all, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, what a miracle. I pray Hope continues to surpass expectations. We serve a mighty God!! She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie, I'm Sharla's friend Elizabeth and I know we've only met a few times but your family has been so near to my heart the last week. My faith certainly is strengthened to hear of God's ear bending down to hear and answer the prayers of His children. The Lord is near to you. He is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's the most precious thing EVER! Annnnnd looks JUST LIKE little Miss Macy Annnnnd her Momma! Loving you four, Kristin & Co.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On my heart, on my mind! Of course, that happened long before little Miss Hope made her most amazing entrance. You are forever my sister and my best friend.

    Anyone who is waiting to see what God's plan is for bringing the miracle we all call Hope into this world isn't paying attention. Lives are richer, friends are closer, family is sweeter and God is nearer. In her 1 week and 2 days of life she has done more for the body of Christ than most that have lived a whole lifetime. I am forever grateful for the honor to be your friend and to share in the miracle of "Our Hope".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so thrilled and overjoyed to hear this incredible news. It was an amazing honor to care for you, your family and Hope. Never have I met a family with such a positive attitude toward life and life's little curve balls. You are all an inspiration. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this special day. These moments are the very reason I do what I do. Thank you for reminding me of that on Sunday, August 1st. I continue to think of you all and can't wait to read your next post.

    With lots of love,

    Leah

    ReplyDelete