Tuesday, July 6, 2010

32 Weeks

It was so good to see Baby Hope again last Friday during the sonogram. She has grown so much! Her diagnosis is even more evident now that she has gotten bigger. Her chest cavity and rib cage are so tiny compared to what is average. Her heart was taking up the majority of the chest space when it should have only been taking up 1/3. It's easier to see now how Hope might have trouble breathing once she comes out. Before, we believed the Dr's and the diagnosis but it was hard to see anything visibly wrong other then her little arms and legs. Her little head is so perfectly round though and she still has the cutest little cheeks and chin. We didn't get any good facial pictures this time around but some great hand and feet shots. :) God has formed her so wonderfully to His glory.

I do have quite a bit of excess amniotic fluid. I was almost sure I did before I even went in for the sonogram... and if you've seen me and my belly lately it's not hard to see why haha! My belly is HUGE and it sticks straight out in front of me. It's hard as a rock most of the time. It's definitely making it much tougher to get around and to pick up after two toddlers (and a husband). ;) With extra fluid there comes the risk of early labor. That combined with the contractions I have here and there and the Thanatophoric Dysplasia, I think Baby Hope is coming sooner than we think!

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to share one more quote with you that I stumbled upon soon after Ella was born. It comes from Lisa Beamer's book "Let's Roll." (remember the woman who lost her husband on one of the planes on 9/11?" It reads...(talking about Jeremiah 29:11) “The plans God has for us don’t just include “good” things, but the whole array of human events. The “prospering” He talks about in the book of Jeremiah is often the outcome of a “bad” event. Many people look for miracles. Things that in their human minds “fix” a difficult situation. Many miracles, however, are not a change to the normal cause of human events; they are found in God’s ability and desire to sustain and nuture people through even the most difficult situations.”
    We love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop thinking of you and baby Hope, especially since seeing you guys this weekend and that belly of yours! I pray for you all daily. God had a plan the moment he planted that precious baby in your belly. I know in my own life God has definitely been speaking to me in volumes. I am never good with words. But tears come to my eyes when I do pray for you both. No sad tears but this overwhelming feeling of God doing his work and of his greatness in all of this. I'm so thankful to share the family that we do and to be apart of your life. Love you!

    ReplyDelete