Monday, June 11, 2012

Growing

Summer is here! I love the "non-structered" feel of summer. It fits my personality so well. :) We're filling our time with playing in the sprinklers, baking, getting to know our neighbors, browsing garage sales, and spending time with family and friends. Taylor is 5 1/2 and preparing for Kindergarten in the fall. Macy turned 4 in May and Logan is 5 Months old today! The kids are a blast and such a joy.











God is still graciously teaching me about Himself and growing me. Through Hope's life and death, I experienced first hand what it means to suffer and how to glorify God through challenging and heartbreaking circumstances. BUT I am still learning and sometimes I fail. Now God is teaching me through others as I see them go through issues. People are always wondering "why?" I am so glad to know that suffering is not without a purpose. Suffering is not easy but it is so worth it. Back in April we attended a simulcast for Secret Church that was titled "The Cross and Suffering". I have been wanting to share some of the incredible truths that stuck out to me. It's crucial that as we suffer (because we all will at some point!) that we have a deep understanding of who God is. Even though I already knew that my suffering was for a purpose here are some points that put it into words for me, it's worth it:
  • To experience the sufficiency of Christ in our weakness. (2 Corinthians 12:7-10)
  • To share the sufferings of Christ on this earth. (Philippians 3:10-11)
  • To show the supremacy of Christ to all nations. (Matthew 24:9-14)
  • To experience the satisfaction of Christ for all eternity. 
2 Corinthians 4:16-18- So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to things that are seen but to things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

I love that!! Isn't that so great? It puts our focus off of ourselves and any temporary trials we may have and onto eternity. Here is a quote that stuck out to me as well "Do we find God useful for our circumstances, or do we find Him glorious regardless of circumstances?" 


My confidence in God's goodness and love has grown tremendously since August 1, 2010. We have been through so much change and through it all God has been faithful. There is more change to come....


I am bursting with excitement that God is leading Josh and I to fulfill something that has been on our hearts since we got married. We are prayerfully and joyfully beginning the adoption process! Again God is leading me through a journey where I must fully rely on Him and find Him sufficient. We are excited to see how God is going to add to our family and pray that HE will be glorified above all! I will update you soon. :)


3 comments: