Sunday, February 13, 2011

6 months later

I'm sitting here listening to my hubby play his guitar... some sweet, soothing Shane and Shane song of course...

Thinking about how this is the 13th of Feb. It was this evening six months ago our sweet baby Hope breathed her last. For me, it seems I have lived a whole lifetime since then. God has been so gracious to heal and restore my heart and soul. I remember that night so vividly though. It replays in my mind sometimes like I'm watching from a distance as the emotions unfold and the love from our family and friends is poured over us. I remember word for word what I said, how I felt, I remember how much my insides ached. But even more than that... I remember what awe I felt (and still feel) to be a part of such a story written by God. I can honestly say now, six months later, it was so worth it! To see how God used our Hope to change peoples outlooks, to grow their faith, to build their trust and to see so many people step outside of their comfort zones to reach out to us. IT WAS WORTH IT. God holds our past, our present and thankfully, our future. Josh and I are convinced now more than ever of our calling to be followers of Christ. Jesus, the One True God.

Our story doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon! :) Just when we were getting settled into a pretty normal routine again... our world was once again shaken.

It was Christmas Eve, our family was at a holiday party with friends. We got a phone call that our house had caught fire. God once again was giving us an opportunity to glorify Him in a rough circumstance. With the fire damage and the extensive smoke damage, most everything was lost. How were we to respond? The only way we know how! To look to our Savior and say "Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised!". Just another reminder that we should not hold onto this temporary home too tightly. The Lord gives and takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord. :) We are not devastated. The support we had already received over the past months after Hope passed away just grew in size and surrounded us. We are so grateful for the body of Christ and for caring strangers who continue to bless us.

Our house is being rebuilt. We are hanging out in a comfy apartment until then. Life is becoming quite the adventure and who knows what is in store for us in the future. All we do know is that wherever this life takes us, we are not going alone. His grace is sufficient for ALL our needs!

Psalm 23
The LORD Is My Shepherd
A Psalm of David.
1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.
3He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

2 comments:

  1. Jamie, your words blessed me this morning as I read about everything the Lord has allowed you to walk through. THANK YOU for modeling for me what it looks like to cling to God when He allows sacred things to be removed from our lives. It is so obvious that your heart is trusting in His. Love and prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this! you're such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete