Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Late Night Thoughts

Just something that has been running through my head the last two nights before I fall asleep...

Everything we have is a gift from God, given to us to give back to Him. Sometimes I think we get proud with how much we give to God but forget He gave it to us in the first place! This applies to our children too. I think that's what I hold on to tighter than anything in this world. My kids. They are the most precious gift given to me other than my own salvation. So, God has been reminding me the last two nights that I am to give them back to Him. Not just Baby Hope, but Taylor and Macy too. They are His! I give them to Him knowing He is a good and sovereign God. It feels good to relinquish control over the thing I hold dearest! :) Thank you God for blessing me with three sweet babies and a husband who loves You, our kids and ME!

2 comments:

  1. I laid in bed one night crying wile praying about the baby growing inside of me. The more I fell in love, the more I had to remind myself that this little one was not mine to keep. And now that Maddey is here I just want to hold on even tighter. But like you said, everything belongs to God. I am constantly having to give her back to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh this is probably the one thing that mothers all over the world struggle with. Most of the time without even knowing that we struggle with it. We know that children are a gift from the Lord. We know that He loves them more than we love them yet we live our day to day lives without giving it much thought. Oh but when we do. Being reminded that they are not mine but His does bring a sense of peace. My goodness He certainly knows how to take better care of them than me although at times I act as though no one in the world could know them better than myself. My Creator, their Creator continues to give and bless and knowing that His plans for all of us are never to harm us gives me the peace to raise my children in the comfort of my Saviors love and grace.

    ReplyDelete